Restoration and expansion of the historic South Boston Collins Mansion
Work phases done by Stefanov Architects:
- Existing Conditions Phase
- Landmarks / Community Outreach / City Point Civic Association
- Zoning Review Set / Board of Appeal Application
- Board of Appeals / Boston Planning & Development Agency
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration Phase
- Condominium Documents
This South Boston residence, also known as the James Collins Mansion, is a prime example of late 19th century French Second Empire architecture. After passing from the hands of the Collins Family, the building was used as a rooming house after WWII and then eventually became divided into a multi-family rental unit in the late 20th century.
We renovated the mansion to its original glory and added two wings to increase the site to a 9-unit multi-family residence. Completed: Spring 2017.